The temporomandibular joint is the joint which connects the jaw to the skull. When the temporomandibular joint is damaged or injured, it leads to pain which is known as a temporomandibular joint disorder. The temporomandibular joint disorder is a relatively common jaw disorder that occurs to some people. This type of disorder can occur at any age but is mostly found in early adulthood. TMJ Clinic Doctors commonly prescribe pain killers for helping people to relieve their discomfort. Moreover, they also suggest some exercises which are helpful for strengthening the jaw muscles. Below is the list of some symptoms of the temporomandibular joint disorder:
· Jaw pain
· Ear pain or popping sounds in the ear
· Sore or stiff jaw muscles
· Pain while eating or speaking
· Pain or tenderness on the face
· Neck pain
· Back pain
· Shoulder pain
· Pain in the temporomandibular joints
· Locking of the joint, thus making it very difficult to either open or close the mouth
· While opening or closing the mouth or while chewing, clicking, grating or popping sounds coming from the jaw joint. This can either be painful or not painful.
· Trouble while chewing anything or experiencing sudden uncomfortable bite as if the upper teeth and the lower teeth aren’t fitting together properly.
If you experience any of the above mentioned symptoms then you need to immediately consult a specialist who deals with temporomandibular joint disorder. There are many doctors available for the temporomandibular joint disorder. If you don’t know any good and reputed doctors dealing with temporomandibular joint disorder then you can look for them online. You would find several good and reputed doctors through online websites. You would also get to read many reviews online so that you would be able to know whether the doctor would be the right one for you. So, before consulting any doctor, make sure that you read the reviews so that you are satisfied that you are consulting the right one.